Typesafe Console 1.3.0 Released!
- September 24, 2013
Today, the Typesafe Console team proudly announces Console 1.3.0. Although version 1.2.0 was shipped less than 2 months ago, this release contains major changes and features so we encourage you to check it out. We’re also excited to say that you can access Console 1.3.0 in the newest release of Typesafe Activator 1.0 as a plugin.
Some highlights of the release are:
- Redesigned and rewritten front-end
- Improved colors and contrasts
- Websocket-based communication
- Keyboard-based navigation
- Monitoring of Play applications
- Status overview panel
- Request grouped per Play controller
- Detailed information about individual requests
- Monitoring of Akka applications
- Improved deviation view
The above is a high-level overview of the biggest pieces. There have also been many changes under the hood to accommodate a more developer-centric focus.
In addition to being able to access Console via Activator, the v1.3.0 version is free to use during the development phase of the project. You can access it from the Typesafe public repository or use the sbt-atmos plugin.
- Developer documentation: http://resources.typesafe.com/console/docs/1.3.0
- License information: http://typesafe.com/legal/licenses
- Mailing list: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/typesafe-console
Going forward, we intend to increase the release frequency and are already planning ahead for v1.3.1. In doing so we would like to hear what type of functionality you would like to see in the Console. What would make this tool a real friend in your daily development work? Please let us know and we will try to accommodate the functionality in the coming releases!